[time-nuts] Iridium source?

Stewart Cobb stewart.cobb at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 01:51:13 UTC 2015

The use of Iridium satellite signals for timing, location, and
position-based authentication is being commercialized by a startup called
Satelles. The technology is known as Satelles Timing and Location, or STL.

<http://www.satellesinc.com>

Prototype STL timing systems are providing PPS with accuracy better than 1
microsecond. This is expected to improve as the technology evolves.

Full disclosure: Satelles is my employer. We have submitted a paper on STL
timing to PTTI 2016. Don't know yet whether it was accepted.

Cheers!
--Stu