[time-nuts] Redundant GPSDO configuration / hardware

skipp Isaham skipp025 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 9 20:36:29 UTC 2015

Redundant GPSDO configuration / hardware

Hello to the Group,

I realize integrated redundant GPSDO systems are available. If I wanted to
obtain a near zero failure down time using (dual) separate GPSDO hardware, is
there a conventional or practical method to integrate or construct a hot standby
system from hardware not originally part of an integrated package/system? An
example might be the use of different brand or model GPSDO hardware.

If a popular method is used to integrate two separate GPSDO outputs in to
a practical hot standby system, I would appreciate reading your suggestions
and information. Even comments about obtaining GPSDO output for a control
system that simply can not fail while in regular service/operation.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Regards,

Skipp

skipp025 at yahoo dot com