[time-nuts] UPS for my time rack

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Sun Oct 11 20:22:07 UTC 2015

I'm fortunate that several of pieces of my time nuts gear (including two of my ocxo's) feature backup 24 volt dc power inputs.   They were the only things in my house that stayed running during a recent 2 day power outage while I was away.

I have two large 12 volt gel cells in series that I re charge from time to time with a power supply via a blocking diode.

I agree about the importance of the fusing.  I've also found it's easy to buy fuses rated to work on 12 and 24 volt dc systems, fuses for 48 volt and higher dc systems are harder to find.

I also bolt the fuses directly to the battery terminals.

Sent from my iPhone