[time-nuts] How did they distribute time in the old days?

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 14 15:35:22 UTC 2015

A friend of mine built a clock that they used to time-sync a lot of those stations.  It was basically a nice OCXO built into an ammunition can.  They flew it to various stations around the world.   One particular trip to sync the stations in the mid-east was particularly interesting...  ammo cans,  wires, batteries, sketchy looking electronics with counting displays,  clueless security goons...  lotsa fun ensued.