[time-nuts] UPS for my time rack

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Oct 15 06:22:05 UTC 2015

gigneil at gmail.com said:
> Those traco power units are fantastic. Absolutely great.

I first encountered power "bricks" 10 or 15 years ago.  They come in various
sizes.  Full brick, half-brick, and quarter-brick were common when I was
watching, with the usual blizzard of output voltages.  They are made by many
vendors.  There is lots of competition on two fronts: efficiency and
watts/package.

I think the original ones were targeted at phone company applications since
they ran off 48 V.  (That may have just been the ones I was paying attention
to.)  Other input voltages are also common.  The input voltage typically has
a 2:1 range.

The pinouts are reasonably standard.  I don't know if there is an official
spec or everybody else copies the first company to get something good on the
market.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.