[time-nuts] "Selective availability" af accurate time for Appleusers?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Oct 21 05:41:58 UTC 2015

Has anybody else observed this with their iPhone since “upgrading” to iOS 9?
Anyone know of any difference in the reference time ( e.g. GPS vs. network
time) that Apple is using to “dumb down’ their smartphones in favor of Apple
Watch?

Brian Garrett

Yes, on one quick check, I now see an accuracy (or rather error) o my iPad
of up to several seconds (iOS 9.0.2) compared to my recollection of
sub-second accuracy under iOS 8.0.2x.

My £50 Windows 10 tablet using real NTP does /much/ better!

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk