[time-nuts] Low noise quartz crystal oscillator by Bruce Griffiths

KA2WEU at aol.com KA2WEU at aol.com
Wed Oct 28 18:22:21 UTC 2015

This oscillator seems to have been more a frequency standard then a noise
standard. Today's 10 MHz oscillators are different/better, such a crystal is
no  longer available/made.

I have more experience with 100 MHz, 125 and 128 MHz. Once I am back in the
 USA  I will send some measured results and comments.

Thank for this reference :

http://www.hpl.hp.com/hpjournal/pdfs/IssuePDFs/1981-03.pdf

Ulrich

In a message dated 10/28/2015 7:01:16 P.M. W. Europe Standard Time,
hmurray at megapathdsl.net writes:

richard at karlquist.com said:
> The 2N5179 in the 10811 is  selected for minimum beta and Ft at 20 mA,
which
> is the start up  condition due to the ALC being at full gain.  It has a
> special HP  part number, so you wouldn't know this just looking at the
parts
> list.

How much of a difference does that selection step make?

I'd  expect the parts within a batch to be very similar, more so for mature

parts.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate  spam.