[time-nuts] HP5065A C-field current is temperature sensitive

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Sep 1 10:50:18 UTC 2015

Hi

If you hook up a pps into your 5334 from the GPSDO as the “start” and a pulse
from the Rb as the “stop” you will get about 2 ns resolution.

Tau zero is the sample time used. 3,600 sec sounds a lot like a sample per hour.
If you have a tag each hour your resolution is 2x10^-9 / 3600 = ~6 x10^-13.

======

Given what we now know about the sensitivity of the C field, things like humidity
may indeed be part of the long term drift ….

Bob