[time-nuts] Z3805 service information ?

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Tue Sep 1 16:54:26 UTC 2015

Hi, I realize this is a long shot but I'm curious if anyone has ever come across any form of a service manual (or insight into a power on self test routine) for the Z3805 gpsdo ?

One of mine is not working properly after being power cycled.   It works well enough to blink the status lights on the front panel hence my request for info about a possible power on self test routine.

I'll likely start by confirming the power supply voltages using another working unit as a guide and then swap parts with another working unit but thought I would look for service information first.

Thanks in advance for any help.

With the exception of two ocxo's that have a dedicated battery backup system all my time nuts gear, computers, freezers, etc was power cycled during a two day power outage after a wind storm while I was on vacation.   I have a nice generator that sat un used in my garage (:

Mark Spencer
VE7AFZ