[time-nuts] HP 5730 data polling technique?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Sep 2 22:14:03 UTC 2015

--------
In message <CAP_SGzeoWcQdLA77EE8-10AigkwzzCTh-w5Eim-2uV4mpwiQtA at mail.gmail.com>
, Paul Alfille writes:

>I am stymied by what should be a simple task: I'd like to gather sequential
>measurements from my HP5370B.

You can do it two ways.

Either use the EXT ARM to pace your measurements, and the computer
just reads them as they happen.

Or you can use the MD2 mode, where measurements only start when the
computer sends "MRM" to the counter.

I usually use the former method because I get more precise pacing
of the measurements (I feed EXT ARM from a HP33120).