[time-nuts] Subject: Subject: Re: HP5065A C-field current voltage mod

Perry Sandeen sandeenpa at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 4 06:41:09 UTC 2015

Hi,

Wrote: A possible solution mightbe to use two of the TL431 programmable shut regulators. [Snip]

Wrote: That would be worse thanwhat is in my 5065 now.

OK, but why?  The temperature would be stable so the resistorsand reference diode wouldn’t drift.

Is the TL 431 not sufficientlyquiet? What about newer reference’s IC’s such as REF 102?

I don’t want to re-invent thewheel, just learn what is better.

Regards,

Perrier