[time-nuts] Z380XA The saga of the aging 10811

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Sun Sep 6 04:45:50 UTC 2015

Interesting.

There may be a use for the OCXO units in the old Lucent boxes with the
insensitive GPS receivers.

The OCXO is an Efratom part # 023005-001. Some of those boxes were never
used.

Google can't find the specifications for the XO. I expect they're not as
good as a functioning 10811, but they're better than a bad one if you've
become attached to your Z38xx.

Alternatively, you could try an LPRO-101 Rubidium with EFC if you don't
need the short term stability of a crystal. The EFC loop tuning
constants might be different, though.

Either Lucent box can be shipped (in the USA) in a USPS large Fixed Rate
Priority Mail box for $18.

Bill Hawkins