[time-nuts] Z380XA The saga of the aging 10811

Bob Benward rbenward at verizon.net
Wed Sep 9 03:40:48 UTC 2015

Hi Ed,
OK, a bad oven.  I can buy that.  But then if the oscillator is constantly
drifting, would that not imply that the oven is constantly changing
temperature, in one direction?

BTW, the curve is starting to flatten out.  It might be flat before It gets
to 1000K counts.

Bob

even
>>> failed. There was a report at one of the popular time-nuts oriented
websites (I
>>> forget which one, but it's the one that had extensive coverage of the
Z3801A)
>>> about inner oven problems a few years ago. I took mine apart and found
that
>>> it had an IC of a particular date code range that was prone to failure.
I can't