[time-nuts] Trak Systems 8821E-20 GPS Clock documentation?

Ole Stender Nielsen olstni at mail.tele.dk
Sun Sep 13 12:40:43 UTC 2015

All,

I just got a Trak Systems 8821E-20 GPS Clock at a very reasonable price.

Before the purchase, I was not able to retrieve any specific information
on this model, but as it turns out, it has a Isotemp OCXO91-17D 10 MHz
oscillator disciplined by what appears to be the Motorola B8121Z1116
Oncore 8-channel receiver module. I have uploaded a couple of photos for
your viewing pleasure. The DAC (U7) to the left of the OCXO is an
AD7849AR, by the way.

I found that some of the RS-232 queries and commands listed in the
technical manual for the 8821A-11/12 GPS Clocks work with the 8821E-20,
but far from all. Obviously, I would love to have a manual for the 8821E-20.

Does any of you have any kind of documentation on the 8821E-20?

Best regards
Ole