[time-nuts] Trimble GPSDO board

Bob Benward rbenward at verizon.net
Mon Sep 14 19:45:29 UTC 2015

All,

I found my problem, or rather it went away. Even though I probed the base of
the connector with a scope, after jiggling the cable, the output came back.

Attached is an infinite persistence scope capture of my Z3805A (blue) vs the
Trimble board (yellow).  Triggering on the Trimble, you can see the Z3805A
moving a total of 205 degrees (+83, -122) relative to the Trimble over a
24hour period. (DS2_quickprint1.bmp)

I reset the persistence and triggering on the Z3805A (same colors) and after
1 hour I got about 151degrees of phase shift (DS2_quickprint2.bmp).

Most of the movement is back and forth, overlapping itself several times.  I
am not sure if the drift is repeatable or if there is a random component to
it.

Bob