[time-nuts] Z380XA The saga of the aging 10811

Bob Benward rbenward at verizon.net
Mon Sep 14 21:58:51 UTC 2015

Robert,
The drift has slowed down to something around 8xE-10, which is a bit over
the spec of <5E-10.  But this is the single oven, I have not reassembled the
double oven yet.

If the oven regulation was off, I would suspect I would see the EFC go back
and forth a bit, maybe a general trend up, but some retracing would be
expected.  The oven control is an integrator, so unless the offset is very
large compare to the output of the thermistor, a continuously changing
offset voltage will not have a large effect on setpoint.  A crystal
resonator will drift about 1-5E-8/degC, so I guess a loose temperature
control would certainly exhibit the drift I am seeing.

Bob