[time-nuts] Symmetricom experts?

Brian M brayniac at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 16:09:10 UTC 2015

S200s definitely shared the PSU issue. A rep from Symmetricom/MicroSemi
told me that the custom manufacturer had used a part which was not spec'd
properly (betting it was a cap).

I'd be surprised if the flash is corrupt. There's two compact flash cards,
each with a copy of the OS. Updates go to the non-running copy, so that the
current copy is a fail back for bad update. Cool strategy, but buggy for
things like password changes if you have two different versions.

I definitely had no problems cloning the cards and swapping my clones into
a unit. I'd be very surprised if corruption was the issue, and not just a
bad PSU.

- Brian