[time-nuts] More HP5065 experiments

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Sep 29 22:29:01 UTC 2015

--------
In message <560B0E63.1060903 at rubidium.dyndns.org>, Magnus Danielson writes:

>For instance, the lamp oscillator is
>open-loop, so supply voltage and temperature effects will factor in
>undamped. Servo up the intensity seems to be the remedy there.

It might also be an interesting experiment to injection-lock the
lamp-exciter oscillator, just to see if there is any RF leakage or
light intensity effects related to that...

>What about the C-field, can we servo up that by looking at the side-band
>Rabi/Ramsey pedistals? Yes, it should be there, but I haven't had the
>time to measure it. Doing that would require hacking into the
>synthesizer side and jump around on the 5,3 MHz signal much as you would
>do to the 12 MHz signal for Cesiums.

Doing a DSS based synth is a pretty obvious experiment, and along
with an ADC on the optical signal and a processor, a lot of servo-loop
algorithms become viable.