[time-nuts] Z3805A as source for NTPd?

David Gravereaux davygrvy at pobox.com
Wed Sep 30 18:16:56 UTC 2015

Hi,

I started going through the docs and got a bit confused regarding
[ldattach] for creating a PPS source.

http://www.manualpages.de/OpenBSD/OpenBSD-5.0/man8/ldattach.8.html

port2 output would have been perfect to use, but ldattach doesn't have a
discipline for this binary format.

I was playing around decoding it in the Tcl scripting language and find
the data to be perfectly useful.  I might put the 1PPS signal on the CD
or DCD pin, though.

http://wiki.tcl.tk/41742

Off hand, I think there's an SCPI module for NTP that will get time off
of port1, but I'd prefer to leave that for alone for user control.

Not sure how to proceed.  Please advise :)

--
davygrvy at pobox.com:~$ make war
make: *** No rule to make target `war'.  Stop.