[time-nuts] FE-5680B Rubidium and DDS

Bryan _ bpl521 at outlook.com
Wed Sep 30 19:54:51 UTC 2015

Clint, Yes, same seller. Yes schematic is partial, but it did answer a question for me that I posted on eevblog where others suggested removing a number of components to feed the 20Mhz to a divider. Looks like its a resistor, cap and inductor from the schematic; R1,C1,L1.
I see, you want to make a easily reprogrammable frequency generator. I haven't looked at the datasheet of  the AD9851, but thought it needed a 125Mhz crystal. Probably just easier to use a circuit like this.
http://www.perdrix.co.uk/FrequencyDivider/index.html

http://www.ka7oei.com/FE-5680_diag_1c.gif   (would still need to divide first)
I was planning on the same, but just using the /2 for a 10Mhz out in the first link.
Was always hoping for a easy mod inside the "B", but from the write up that was just posted, the author has scoped it pretty well and it appears the disappearing 10Mhz appears to be firmware driven.
Cheers

-=Bryan=-