[time-nuts] Stanford: Hofstadter lecture, Apr 25+26: Professor Theodor W. Hänsch

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Apr 7 06:07:26 UTC 2016

How many time-nuts are there in the Bay Area?

Monday Evening, general public:
  "Changing Concepts of Light and Matter"

The lecture will lead from historical milestones to modern frontiers,
including spectroscopic precision tests of fundamental physics laws,
ultraprecise clocks, and ultracold quantum matter.

Tue, physics colloquium:
 "Frontiers in Laser Spectroscopy"

https://physics.stanford.edu/2016-robert-hofstadter-lecture-0

I expect to understand almost all of the Monday lecture.  I'll be surprised if I don't get snowed by at least parts of the Tuesday lecture.  I expect to understand at least part of it.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.