[time-nuts] Can a Symmetricom 58532A antenna and ham radio transmitters coexist?

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Thu Apr 14 14:16:24 UTC 2016

Pete

The reality is there are almost two many variables to predict the outcome

1) Proximity of the ham antennas vs the GPS antennas (obviously farther
away is better)
2) Polarization of the ham antennas may or may not play a role
3) Direction the ham antennas is pointing. Pointing away from the GPS
antenna is typically better.
4) Power levels , which in your case are modest
5) How "clean" the ham transmitters are (harmonics, spurs etc)
6) a direct harmonic at a  particular VHF/UHF freq  which appears in the
pass band of the GPS receiver I haven't done the math  but you might
find you have a problem at 145.60 but not at 146.90 as an example

My guess is your unlikely to have much problem with at least 10' of
separation between the ham antennas and the GPS. In my prior location  I
was running a KW on HF and 20-50 watts on VHF/ UHF and 10W on 1296. My
GPS antenna was on the same tower about 20' below the ham stuff . I had
two GPS antennas the 58532A and a Motorola ( cant remember the number)
and I never had a problem YMMV

Dave

--
Dave