[time-nuts] ADEV and fractional frequency

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Apr 14 23:23:54 UTC 2016

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 07:33:11 -0700
Jeremy Nichols <jn6wfo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Correct, Attila. I've been trying to find two separate definitions when
> it seems they are the same thing. It also shows my age that I don't
> automatically check Wikipedia.

Well.. The formula there appears at a lot of other places as well.
Like NIST Tech Note 1337. What other formula did you see and why did
it confuse you?

I am trying to figure out what makes ADEV & Co hard to understand,
so we could come up with a better explanation.

			Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.