[time-nuts] Symmetricom ET-6000 TCXO receivers

Erik Thomassen rv2p800 at yahoo.no
Sun Apr 17 20:04:33 UTC 2016

 Good evening  group !
I am in the fortunate situation to have "inherited" two Symmetricom ET6000-TCXO receivers. Seemingly  fine receivers but i do not like the way they "drift" plus /minus. They never seem to settle, even free-running OCXO's seems to be far better over short time.
 Yes, I know that this is the rule - but when compared with a new Meinberg GPSDO unit (replacing the ET6000) the -6000 "never" settles.

I am in the firm beleif that a change from a cheap TCXO to a "reasonable" OCXO of any make will at least stabilize the 10MHz output by a decade or more.

 I do have the user manual but: I do not feel confortable exhanging the original TCXO with a OCXO of any higher accuracy/stability, non original component just like that...

Any suggestions for making a reasonably good receiver even better by simple and cheap means? Any service manual/info deeper than the user manual?
Kind regards from NorwayErik