[time-nuts] Symmetricom ET-6000 TCXO receivers

Robert Watzlavick rocket at watzlavick.com
Mon Apr 18 02:37:16 UTC 2016

Erik,
I upgraded my ET-6000 TCXO receiver to an OCXO.  I was able to get
Symmetricom to send me all three ROM images (TCXO, OCXO, Rubidium) so I
uploaded them to the KO4BB website:

http://www.ko4bb.com/getsimple/index.php?id=manuals&dir=01_ROM_Images_and_Drivers
Get the file called DatumET-6000TS-2100.zip

You'll need the DT102E (OCXO) firmware.  See my posts on 8/25/2012 and
8/26/2012 for more details.  I would have liked to use an MV-89 that I
had but it was too big so I used a small Raltron OCXO I had available at
the time.  It dramatically improved the output stability.  For the OCXO,
you can power it from either 5V or 12V (both are available on board) but
the EFC range is 0-5V (I think the range of the DAC is 0.5 to 4.5V).

-Bob