[time-nuts] Lady Heather coming soon to a Linux box near you...

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 23 20:41:16 UTC 2016

She lives! She sings! She dances!Turned out it was not the serial port that was blocking... it was the X11 event handler. XNextEvent blocks if no event is pending. There is a X11 call that got around it...
So far everything seems to be working well.  I still need to do a lot of detail work for More Better Optimum Linux Compatibility Goodness.  All my testing has been on Ubuntu Mate on X86 (32 and 64 bit) and Power PC (Mac Mini G4!) and the Raspberry Pi 3 with Raspbian.  Still no support for network connections to remote units.
Please direct all questions, comments, etc to me directly.  No need to clutter up the list with Heather ramblings and musings...