[time-nuts] SE880 GPSDO

Ilia Platone info at iliaplatone.com
Mon Apr 25 19:41:57 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a GPSDO with a FVXO-HC53BR-10 (Fox Electronics) VCXO
and a Telit Jupiter
<http://www.digikey.com/Suppliers/it/Fox-Electronics.page?lang=en>SE880<http://www.digikey.com/Suppliers/it/Fox-Electronics.page?lang=en>,
this serves for a datalogger an I want to achieve a highly reliable clock.

This GPS receiver has two clock inputs: a 16MHz, and a 32KHz XT input
for the RTC functions.
My problem is this: The crystal must be driven by a voltage depending to
the phase difference between the GPS 1PPS output and the uC 1s cycles,
but must I drive (feedback) the RTC of the GPS also from a divider of
the main clock, or the 16MHz TCXO input, or both (or none...)?

Suggestions of any other component, for driving both the VCXO, and
possibly for a RTK implementation, are welcome.
Thank you,
Ilia.