[time-nuts] SE880 GPSDO

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Apr 26 23:41:57 UTC 2016

On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 23:39:40 +0200
Ilia Platone <info at iliaplatone.com> wrote:

> BTW, the u-Blox NEO-M8N doesn't fit RTK specs (patched it returns RAW
> data): it works on band L1 (20cm range), what I need is a GPS module
> capable on wiorking on L1+L2 to get 1cm range precision (if it's correct).

L1/L2 receivers are quite a bit more expensive than simple L1 receivers.
An receiver+antenna costs easily 1k€ and more.

On these short baselines you can assume that the same satellite will
see the same ionospheric delay, hence you can compensate for that
when doing common-view with only using L1 data. Or alternatively,
you can work with the IGS data and compensate not only ionospheric
delay but also clock and orbit errors.

			Attila Kinlai
--
Reading can seriously damage your ignorance.
		-- unknown