[time-nuts] SE880 GPSDO

Michael Wouters michaeljwouters at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 10:45:11 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 7:21 PM, Bruce Griffiths
<bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> Stabilising the GPS receiver antenna temperature is probably a good idea particularly if it has bandpass filter(s).

It's not so clear that temperature stabilization of the antenna is
necessary. There have been reports of tempcos of 0.2 ps to 10 ps/C for
various choke ring antennas so this doesn't seem so bad. I don't know
how a $100 antenna fares in such a test. Temperature stabilization of
the receiver is probably more important. Again though, I don't know of
any data for low-cost receivers, only geodetic timing receivers.

Cheers
Michael