[time-nuts] Looking to find an antenna for a TrueTime XL-DC

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Aug 6 14:56:37 UTC 2016

Hi

Add in variables like supply voltage, tuning approach, signal levels, and gain ….

There are a lot of things you need to match up to get a downconverter going
with an old style GPS. Once you do, you then likely have a unit that has GPS
epoch roll over issues. It may have other firmware quirks as well.

None of that says “don’t do it”. It simply is a caution that this is a labor of love rather
than one getting a useful piece of gear up and going. You may ultimately have something
useful, the odds are it will have bugs …

Bob