[time-nuts] Safely getting the electrical length of a connected antenna feedline

David davidwhess at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 02:14:51 UTC 2016

I actually tested various 74120 dual 4-input NAND drivers which
produce the sync output on my B&K function generator to find ones
which would provide the fastest and cleanest pulse.  AS (advanced
schottky) and FAST (fast advanced schottky TTL) were the best for me.
Modern inexpensive discrete logic however can do a much better these
days.

One interesting thing I learned is that the dual 4-input NAND pinout
overlaps the quad 2-input NAND pinout so in a properly designed layout
where only 2 gates are used, either part can be used.