[time-nuts] Looking to find an antenna for a TrueTime XL-DC

ziggy9+time-nuts at pumpkinbrook.com ziggy9+time-nuts at pumpkinbrook.com
Sun Aug 7 23:19:31 UTC 2016

For antennas, I believe you’re looking for one of:
142-401
142-602
142-603
142-610
According to legend, these are 12V antennas, using a 16.368MHz LO and 4.092MHz IF to the receiver. Good luck in finding one :) But if you are diligent and patient, they do sometimes appear.
It IS possible to hack a ’standard’ SV6 receiver such that it will work in the XL-DC, but it’s not for the faint of heart. Besides significant modifications to the GPS receiver board you need to modify the main board too. In a nutshell, on the main board you need to remove a resistor and add a cap, and on the GPS board, you need to depopulate the oscillator, convert the line drivers from RS232, depopulate the unused serial port, depopulate the power supply section, and copy the EEPROM settings from an original TrueTime SV6. Contact me off list if you’re interested in more of the details. I didn’t do a complete documentation of the process but I have the unit I converted.
Paul