[time-nuts] Questions on Nortel Trimble NTBW50AA GPSTM

Clay Autery cautery at montac.com
Wed Aug 10 23:46:39 UTC 2016

Just picked up a 48VDC via suggestion from Mr. Sims from BG Micro, as he
was correct...  It will function on 24VDC or -48VDC and I have to put
another connector on it and/or add a power receptacle on the Nortel box
(just reverse the polarity on one or the other).

I agree that having Multiple power supplies is a good idea...

Just want to make sure that any power supply I add "permanently" is
QUIET...  Just got rid of a noisy switcher that almost drove me bat-crap
crazy before I ID'd it was the culprit.

I test everything now before I use it...  Noisy stuff goes in the trash
on the swap table.

Any hints on a specific 24 VDC supply that is quiet without Herculean
efforts at adding filtering/chokes, et al...

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises
(318) 518-1389