[time-nuts] Working with SMT parts.

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Aug 12 13:14:26 UTC 2016

Hi

You can get a pretty good microscope new for about $1,000. Getting them used is a hit or
miss process. A lot of this stuff actually works very well when in good condition with all the
parts (The Mantis is one example). Without all the parts they don’t work or work poorly.

For most of what you do, there is no need for anything fancy. There is a Mantis in full working
condition at work. It never gets used. Magnifier lights get used a lot. Low magnification
microscopes with really good halogen / fiber optic ring lights seem to be the most
popular option.

Bob