[time-nuts] Heathkit clock available

Ryan Stasel rstasel at uoregon.edu
Fri Aug 12 19:05:56 UTC 2016

Alex (et al),

There is also the FNET project here: http://fnetpublic.utk.edu/

They have monitoring boxes that various people set up to monitor line frequency, disciplined to GPS, and upload to their servers. I have one of these boxes in my office (Unit #1033 here: http://fnetpublic.utk.edu/tabledisplay.html).

All and all, the US power grid is pretty close to 60Hz. =) It is fun to watch how each of the interconnects here in the US lead/lag 60Hz depending on the time of day, and the load on the system (at least, I assume that’s the cause).

Thanks!

-Ryan Stasel