[time-nuts] Mini ovens packaging

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Aug 12 21:59:28 UTC 2016

Hey Guillermo!

How is it going?

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 09:05:02 +0000
Guillermo Sobreviela Falces <Guillermo.Sobreviela at uab.cat> wrote:

> I am currently looking for a temperature compensation system for an IC
> (Temperature range from -40°C to 120°C and chip area of 1cm x 1cm).
> This compensation system has to be external to the IC and, as the power
> consumption is not the main problem, I have been looking for a crystal oven.
> The ideal solution will be a PCB compatible oven, but it also can be an
> external element.

I guess this is for one of your MEMS chips?

What is the spec of the board's environment temperature?
How big may the oven be?

And I would agree with Bob that building your own oven would be
actually a good idea. It is not that difficult. You need a rough
estimate of what your thermal mass inside the oven will be, an
estimate on what the thermal resistance between the inside and
outside is, then can apply standard control theory to design
a PI control loop to keep it stable.

			Attila Kinali

--
Malek's Law:
        Any simple idea will be worded in the most complicated way.