[time-nuts] NVS NV08C

Michael Wouters michaeljwouters at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 12:05:32 UTC 2016

(Restarting the thread with a more apposite topic name)

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 12:47 PM, Mark Sims <holrum at hotmail.com> wrote:

> The NVS NV08C GPS receiver module is a rather nice little 32 channel GPS/GLONASS/SBAS receiver that has an output message that gives you the raw satellite bit streams.  They can be had for around $60 bare module  ($120 on a breakout board from sylphase.com).  They  also support carrier phase info, sawtooth correction output, and up to 10 Hz navigation rates.
>

> Lady Heather now supports the NVS08C... it was a bit of a pain to do.   Several messages send values  (rather needlessly) in an 80-bit floating point number format that most compilers do not natively support.  Lady Heather converts those to standard 64-bit floating point values.  Their binary message protocol is basically Trimble TSIP at 115,200:8:ODD:1 (with optional support for 16-bit CRC's)

The NV08C also has an official  board
http://www.m2mconnectivity.com.au/technologies/gnss-gps/gnss-receivers/nv08c-csm-brd
for about AUD100.

We use these for GPS common-view time transfer (which needs the raw
data). There's some performance data here:
http://www.openttp.org/scripts/blog.php

Cheers
Michael