[time-nuts] Noisy Sulzer 2.5 - Suggestions?

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Thu Aug 18 18:46:00 UTC 2016

Hi Ed,

Nope.  I just brushed off the growth, and blew the whole
assembly down with compressed air.  The whiskers were
huge!  I think they were capacitively coupling with the
ground bits, and since their size and number varied in
an uncontrolled way, they affected the frequency in an
unstable way.

These white cube shaped capacitors are something high
quality.  The white color is a porcelain glaze that protects
the capacitor, and the wires seemed to be connected to
some sort of sintered silver area on the body.

-Chuck Harris