[time-nuts] Anybody want a Thunderbolt power supply?

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 31 20:45:07 UTC 2016

Yes,  at times I used a two stage linear regulator.  The first stage had excellent low freq rejection and the final stage too care of the high freq stuff.

Some times a full linear supply is not a viable option due to power dissipation/size issues or the utter convenience of using a switching wall wart.

> Precisely the reason to avoid switchers entirely and use linear-only
voltage regulators to power noise-sensitive circuits.  As I mentioned
before, I had to use two stages of well-designed linear regulation to
make any switching supply acceptable (at a time-nuts level) for use with
a Tbolt.