[time-nuts] Anybody want a Thunderbolt power supply?

Adrian Godwin artgodwin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 20:52:50 UTC 2016

I'm being Devil's Advocate here because I certainly realise switchers do
generate high frequency noise. But wasn't the intention of them to make
filtering easier, with smaller filter components, exactly because they
operate at higher frequencies ?

So why do they fail ? Is it cost-cutting to make them only just good enough
for typical uses ? Shouldn't it be possible to make the best possible
supply from a switcher, if only cost and weight weren't the first
considerations ?