[time-nuts] Best Chance GPS module

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Dec 1 11:30:18 UTC 2016

From: MLewis

I'm hoping a timing GPS module, with their claims of being successful
(to the precision I need anyway) on few, or even a single sat. Finger's
crossed.
==================================

Yes, that's what I thought as well, until I bought and tested one and found
out that - in practice - they need an even /better/ set of GPS signals than
a simpler position GPS/PPS.

With a GPS/PPS even Windows can get within 1 millisecond, particularly with
Windows-8 or 10:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_ntp.php#windows-stratum-1

I monitor the comp.protocols.time.ntp Usenet group and would be happy to
continue there.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu