[time-nuts] Audio format with embedded timestamps?

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Dec 1 18:30:19 UTC 2016

Hi

If you are after one of the AM modulated versions of IRIG, an MCU with
a flash image of a 1 and a 0 as a sine wave to feed the DAC or PWM
will get you a long way. If it’s an ARM with DMA to drive the PWM, there isn’t
much overhead involved.  You may be looking at a < $1 chip. At that point
it’s not a real big decision. Syncing things up to a few microseconds isn’t
all that hard in this case.

Bob