[time-nuts] Audio format with embedded timestamps?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 01:47:47 UTC 2016

You are correct about the sample rate being tied to the crystal on the
audio interface.    But some audio interferes used in recording studios
have a way to use a centralized bit rate clock.  That clock is distributed
to all the audio interfaces to keep them bit synchronized.   Not everyone
uses this.  Maybe most don't because not everyone things in matters.   But
these do exist and the clocks, I've seem clocks with Rubidium oscillators
inside. So if you do need an auto interface who's sample rate in "time nuts
accurate" you can buy them off the shelf. Quite a few of them do accept an
external clock

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California