[time-nuts] HP53131A RS232 question

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Dec 3 19:38:46 UTC 2016

Hi

There may be some deep dark setting in there that would require a pacing
process. If it’s there, I’ve never ever run into it. I’ve been pulling data out
of 53131’s and 53132’s for as long as they have been around. Not all of it
has been by serial, but some of it has. I’ve likely used every version of firmware
they ever put out.

I believe there is a “hard reset” that puts all the fiddly eeprom stuff back to defaults.
I have no idea if it clears calibration (I *assume* it does not). The only time I ever tried
it was back in the 1980’s so I don’t have the procedure right here …. It did no good
at the time. The problem with those counters was a piece of my code that demonstrated
how quickly you can wear out an eeprom …. ooppsss …

Bob