[time-nuts] Best Chance GPS module

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Dec 4 16:04:45 UTC 2016

Hi

Simple example:

Single sat straight overhead, well compensated by broadcast ionosphere. All survey error in the X direction.

Multiple sats all clustered at the horizon. Cluster located on the +X axis. Ionosphere not well modeled over the
much longer path.

Yes this *is* a bit contrived. It’s also what can happen in an “overhanging balcony” sort of antenna location.  I can
also make it happen pretty easily from a USB stick indoors and locating “just right” relative to the windows.

Bob