[time-nuts] Switching regulator replacement for 7805

Robert LaJeunesse lajeunesse at mail.com
Mon Dec 5 16:26:36 UTC 2016

In my experience the term ferrite bead is used more loosely today. Most "beads" that I've designed with were 100% machine placeable surface mount parts from smallish 0402 chips on up to 10A rated honkers. Admittedly any tubular "bead on wire" is not machine placeable in a surface mount oriented factory, but these are becoming antiques.

Bob L.