[time-nuts] Totally unrelated, but..

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Thu Dec 8 02:05:41 UTC 2016

Yes, the very low frequency noise of these regulators isn't anywhere near as impressive as their high frequency noise.However for some RF circuits the low frequency power supply noise may not be as significant as other effects.
Bruce

    On Thursday, 8 December 2016 2:59 PM, Gerhard Hoffmann <dk4xp at arcor.de> wrote:

 Am 08.12.2016 um 01:20 schrieb Scott Stobbe:
> Yes, the short hand I like to use is 4 nV*sqrt(R/1000).
>
> 2 nV/rthz off a bandgap is pretty darn impressive, that includes a delta
> vbe gained up ~10x.

Methinks the advantage comes from converting their reference (whatever
that may be)
to a really high impedance current source where a few uF help
tremendously in cleaning things up.

regards, Gerhard