[time-nuts] Totally unrelated, but..

Scott Stobbe scott.j.stobbe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 18:02:08 UTC 2016

That's a really nice part, like the old LM723 was bring your own pass
element, the 3042 is essentially bring your own reference, I hope that is a
trend that continues. And a 10uF capacitor is pretty quiet at 1KHz plus.

The other neat thing about the 3042 is the error amplifier is run unity
gain with a compensation network. For a typical 12V ldo you loose 20 dB
loopgain and 1 decade of loop bandwidth gaining up 1.2 VRef to 12 V on the
feedback divider. At 12 V I'm sure the 3042 would blow a typical LDO out of
the water in line/load regulation.