[time-nuts] HP 58503A chassis part needed

Stan swperk at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 13 05:30:39 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm in the process of restoring my 58503A. In the process of disassembling
it, the rear plastic frame that is held to the back panel with the two T15
Torx screws had become brittle with age and it cracked into several pieces
as I was removing it. It will be difficult to get all of the small pieces
glued back into place, so I'd rather just replace it with an intact part.

I have a spare rear frame from another HP bench instrument in my spare parts
bin, but much to my surprise I found that the center-to-center hole spacing
of the screws on the 58503A frame is about 7.5", whereas on all of the other
HP bench instruments that I've checked it's only about 7.375", so my spare
frame does not fit. Does anyone have, or know where to get, the proper rear
frame for my 58503A?

Thanks,

Stan