[time-nuts] HP 10811 40 Hz low.

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 01:57:39 UTC 2016

Bob
Took your advise and did check all of the caps in teh oscillator along with
resistors. All are as they should be. Though they do differ from the
schematic I have for the HP 10811. But thats normal reality on HP stuff. So
it is a sick 10811.
So at this stage I have jacked a external 10 MHz reference into teh system
to replace it and the rest of the Z3801 seems to be working. It needs more
time but did acquire satellites. It hasn't locked yet and unsure it can
with an external reference unless I use the TBOLT 10 MHz. Kind of liking
that idea.
Since the oscillator was bad and thats how I received it several years ago
the DAC is at 99.99% full scale because it was 40 Hz low. Want to reset
that to mid range.
Also I speculate the actual gps receiver is down on sensitivity but I do
have replacements.
Regards
Paul.